Call for Candidates 2011
Your Turn…Serve on the NCCCFA Success Team!
NCCCFA is celebrating its twelfth year of serving as part of the community college system team and serving as the only unified voice for faculty at the state level….and now we need YOU…
ELECTION PROCEDURES The information below is from the NCCCFA Constitution and outlines the nominating and voting procedures for annual elections.
Section 1. The nominating procedure for elections shall be as follows. The Nominating Committee, an ad hoc committee of five members, appointed by the Executive Board, shall call for written nominations from the membership for each open position. The committee shall determine the willingness of each nominee to serve if elected.
Section 2. At least 30 calendar days before the NCCCFA Annual Meeting, the Nominating Committee shall inform the membership of the candidates for election through direct mailings and publication of the list of candidates in the NCCCFA Newsletter and on the NCCCFA Website.
Section 3. Voting shall take place at the Annual Meeting. Voting shall be by a secret ballot that has the list of formally nominated candidates and write-in options for each position. Each member shall have one vote for each statewide position. Each member shall also have one vote for the Regional Director position that corresponds to the member's region of membership.
Section 4. The Nominating Committee shall tally the votes. Candidates must receive a simple majority of votes cast to be elected. If no candidate receives a majority on the first ballot, a run-off between the top two candidates will be conducted. The Nominating Committee shall announce election results at the Annual Meeting and publicize them in the next newsletter and on the website.
Officers to be elected at the NCCCFA Fall 2011 Conference,
October 9 - 11, 2011 are:
Vice President of Internal Affairs
Eastern Regional Director
Central Regional Director
See the nomination form for a general overview of Executive Board responsibilities and to send a nomination
Deadline: Sept. 1, 2011
Submit to email@example.com
· All nominees have to be current members of North Carolina Community College Faculty Association.
· Nominators should consult nominee in regard to his/her willingness to run and serve in the office.
· Self-Nomination is encouraged. Each person best knows his/her talents, abilities, availability and dedication.
· For purpose of introducing nominees to membership, basic information on NCCCFA involvement, experiences as an educator or other work experience, and ideas on how to carry out the mission and goals of the association will be asked of nominee after he/she accepts nomination.
· Questions: contact Deanna Saffold at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 336.549.6884