Mission & Goals
The MISSION of the North Carolina Community College Faculty Association is to promote excellence throughout the North Carolina Community College System.
To fulfill this mission, the North Carolina Community College Faculty Association is committed to but not limited to the following GOALS:
- To foster professionalism among community college faculty.
- To provide professional development opportunities and resources focused on teaching excellence and student success.
- To stimulate and facilitate effective communication among faculty across the state, and between faculty and the North Carolina Community College System Office, the NC Association of Community College Presidents, the NC Association of Community College Trustees, the State Board of Community Colleges, state lawmakers, business leaders, and others interested in community college excellence.
- To promote cooperation among these groups in identifying and acting to meet the needs of community colleges and their faculty.
- To raise awareness of the critical role that North Carolina's community colleges and their faculty play in meeting the education and training needs of the state's residents.
- To advocate policies and legislation--from the local level through state level--that allow colleges to attract, employ, retain, and reward highly qualified faculty.
- To establish and maintain an organization active in representing full-time and part-time community college faculty interests and concerns at the state level.
- To support the efforts of faculty at individual colleges to address interests and concerns at the local level, including helping faculty establish and maintain independent campus faculty associations.