. .your voice
at the state level.
This past year, NCCCFA has
- Worked as a vital member of the NCCCS team.
- Attended NCCCS state board meetings.
- Contributed significantly to the NCCCS Legislative Strategy Committee.
- Contacted each legislator five times
- Visited legislators serving on committees dealing with community colleges.
- Served as information source for legislators.
- Hosted a faculty-student rally at the Legislature in Raleigh.
- Arranged15 curriculum demonstrations at the Legislature.
- Shared in 2 joint NCCCS-UNC curriculum demonstrations at the Legislature.
- Worked for the 6% raise + 2% bonus for faculty and professional staff for 2006-2007.
- Alerted membership about issues of vital concern through subscriber notifications.
- Filled a seat on the Leadership Development Taskforce.
- Served on the committee to select the President of the Year.
- Served on the committee to select semi-finalists for Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Published articles in Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington, and Bladen County newspapers
- Spoken for NCCC Faculty at the Community Development Commission press conference.
- Visited 42 of the 58 campuses (working on the rest) to inform faculty of state issues.
- Funded three Student Scholarships ($1000 each).
- Provided three Faculty Scholarships to the NC Great Teachers Retreat.
- Financed four Faculty Grants (totaling $2000).
- Led in developing first Summer Institute 2007 (faculty from community colleges and universities defined problems and proposed solutions in two-system collaboration).
- Gained faculty recognition at the annual NC Education Ball (for the first time).
- Celebrated a member / Campus Representative chosen for Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Recruited campus representatives on almost all campuses in the state.
- Addressed all three Public Forums held by System Presidential Search Committee.
- Served on the Steering Committee for the NCCCS 2006 Conference; serving again for 2008.
- Scheduled and is working on NCCCFA Fall Conference 2007.
- Provided faculty information at the N3CADL Conference in Durham.
- Provided faculty information at the NCCIA Conference in Morehead City.
- Provided faculty information at the UNC-TLT Conference in Raleigh.
Join NCCCFA Join Mailing List Become a Sponsor Scholarship Info